Ubud is set in the green terraced hills found at the heart of Bali. A place rich in its culture, spiritual and urban setting. A perfect blend of the new and the calm. Ubud is surrounded by traditional folklore, art markets, temple ceremonies and a lot music and food.
POPULAR EXPERIENCES IN UBUD
- TEGALALANG RICE TERRACE
- Hire a bike and ride early to reach and catch the best sunrise and empty fields to get those stunning pictures.
- Avoid afternoons, this place can get really hot. Carry a lot of water and sunscreen.
- Entrance + Parking fee: IDR 10,000 per person
- Avoid wearing any fancy footwear, the rice fields can be very muddy.
- Beware of the locals/owners of the rice fields who stand at every corner asking for donations to allow you to move ahead.
- Make a list of all the pictures you want to click before you take your trip. You will find a lot of popular instagrammable spots here.
- Give yourself 1-2 hours to explore all corners of this place and we definitely would recommend you to hike around to see this place better.
- KARSA SPA
- Take some time off for yourself and indulge in a beautiful massage at the Karsa Spa.
- We would recommend you to make a prior booking they get booked out real soon.
- Make sure you request for the flower bath, it’s an unforgettable experience.
- Reach early to soak in the environment before you head over for your session. It’s the most scenic and perfect setting to relax.
- Unwind at the Karsa Café post your spa session.
- UBUD TRADITIONAL ART MARKET
- Walk around the Ubud market streets in the evening and explore the shopping options.
- Look for beautiful silk scarves, lightweight shirts, handmade woven bags, baskets or hats; statues, kites and many other hand-crafted goods
- Make sure you bargain well if you decide to shop something.
- If you’re a book lover then be sure to stop at the Ganesha Bookshop in the market.
CAFES YOU MUST VISIT
BY CAFE (10am – 7pm)
Bright ambiance and a well-designed cafe serving some great coolers and food. The cafe is on the first floor offering you a view overlooking the rice terraces.
CLEAR CAFE (8am – 11pm)
If you’re looking to unwind and are a fan of some really good interiors and seating head straight to CLEAR CAFE.
CAFE POMEGRANATE (9am – 9pm)
This cafe has to make it to your to-do list of your Ubud experience. Find yourself the best corner seats overlooking the rice fields. Make sure you make it on time to watch the sunset. This place is quite a hike away but absolutely worth it, if you have a bike then you’re in luck.
FOLK POOL AND GARDENS (9am – 10pm)
You need to visit this place to know how cool Ubud is. The perfect spot for a brunch, swim and a drink. Make sure to reserve a day bed well in advance and you can also land up getting a 15 % discount on the total bill.